.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Future Will Be Better Tomorrow : My Blog : The Bridge Project : DoublePost : Template : Flickr : Atom Feed

Monday, March 28, 2005

Youngna at Landscape Cafe












Tonight I went to the Youngna showing at Landscape Cafe, on a last minute whim. It was a lot of fun. If by fun you mean awkward and slightly embarrassing.

The first part worked out well. I'm not all that happy with the part where I'm the invisible man, but it's something I've gotten quite comfortable with. I got a few good shots, and got to break out the Pentax for some B&W film fun.

And then something unusual happened. I actually got to talk to people. Which was nice but embarrassing, as somebody knew me but I didn't remember them (at first at least). Of course, the photo taking stopped, and I missed the free wine.

But, I digress. Landscape Cafe is a nice cozy spot, and not expensive at all. No alcohol, but I'd recommend the back area for your meetup style gatherings and dates. The photos Youngna (I guess she's like Prince and Cher, goes by one name) put up were very nice. Mostly portraits, and then the results of the photoshoot she alluded to in the NYC Photobloggers 3 show. I have to say that I prefer her standard repertoire, but only because I don't "get" these art style shoots. I did forget to get what the list price on the photos were. Go check it out.

Landscape Cafe, 434 Union Ave, Williamsburg (literall steps away from the L/G station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment : << Home